Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Sometimes Less is More – The Overtrading Trap


Most traders think they need to trade a lot to make a lot of money. I once counseled a fellow who wanted to be a “scalper”. He thought he had to trade 100 times a day. Imagine his disappointment when I told him he’d never be a successful trader trading that often. It wasn’t a surprise when he never came back. I knew another trader who, in an effort to take more trades and (hopefully) make more money, traded a 30 second chart. He was so jacked on coffee and cigarettes watching a 30 second chart scroll by, I’m amazed he didn’t give himself a heart attack! In the end taking all those 30 second signals didn’t help his bottom line any. Sometimes Less is More It is a common misconception in trading that “more is better”. I admit, on the surface it seems to make sense: if I trade more I will make more money. But this is not true. In fact it is probably the exact opposite of what you should be doing! People who trade this way equate trading to other non-trading activities l
https://www.indicatorwarehouse.com/sometimes-less-is-more-by-erich-senft/

No comments:

Post a Comment