Sunday, February 21, 2016

A more Compassionate View of Dealing with Loss in Trading


I have been a trading software provider for over five years.  After thousands of hours of phone time with a broad range of traders, I ve learned a lot about people, trading, and psychology.  But, there is one phenomenon that continues to truly intrigue me.  It is a very interesting kind of prejudice. A bias that values the body over the mind. To understand what I mean by valuing body over mind, I will use an experience I recently had at a friend s house.  My buddy has a five-year-old son.   The other night I watched the ritual as the little boy was getting ready for bed. He was standing on a stool by the sink brushing his teeth, when he slipped, and scratched his leg on the stool when he fell. He cried for a minute, but then he got back up, got back on the stool, and reached out for a box of Band-Aids to put one on his cut. Now, this kid could barely tie his shoelaces, but he knew you have to cover a cut, so it doesn t become infected, and you have to care for your teeth by b
https://www.indicatorwarehouse.com/dealing-with-loss-in-trading/

No comments:

Post a Comment